A highlight of the year for Partnership members and other community leaders is the annual banquet hosted by the Greater Starkville Development Partnership.
The banquet brings together those interested and involved in economic development, community development, and tourism to celebrate the year’s successes and to hear about latest trends and opportunities from prominent state and local leaders.
A much-anticipated part of the program is the conferring of awards on those who have provided exemplary leadership and service. Among the coveted awards are the
- R. Clay Simmons Exemplary Enterprise Award
- T.E Veitch Community Service Award
- Crystal Pineapple Tourism Award
- Oktibbeha County Industry of the Year Award
- Service to the Military Award
- Ambassador of the Year Award
- Starkville Area Education Hall of Fame Inductees
Held annually in late January, members of the general public as well as Partnership members are invited to attend. For ticket information, contact the GSDP at (662) 323-3322.