Starkville and Oktibbeha County tax information for businesses. Mississippi Commercial and Personal Property, Income, and Sales Tax resources.
State of Mississippi Taxes
Corporate income tax
Mississippi calculates corporate income tax as follows: 3% on the first $5,000 of taxable income, 4% on the next $5,000 of taxable income, and 5% on the remaining amount. (Source: MS DOR)
Franchise tax is computed at $2.50 per $1,000 of the value of the capital employed or the assessed property values in this state, whichever is greater. In no case shall the franchise tax computed be less than $25. (Source: MS DOR)
Income tax is computed as follows: 3% on the first $5,000 of taxable income, 4% on the next $5,000 of taxable income, and 5% on taxable income in excess of $10,000. (Source: MS DOR)
There is no state property tax.
Mississippi has a 7% sales tax.
- Mississippi Department of Revenue Corporate Income and Franchise Tax, S-Corporation, Partnership, LLC, and LLP Income Tax
- Frequently asked questions for corporate income and franchise tax in Mississippi
- Online access to file taxes
- Register for Taxes
Oktibbeha County Taxes
Personal Property Tax
- Description: http://tscmaps.com/pg/personal-property/
- Classes and rates: http://www.oktibbehacountyms.org/?q=node/220
Property Tax Search
Map of Parcels
- Tax Assessor & Collector’s web page
- FAQ’s for Land Taxes
- Pay property taxes online
- Property Tax Information
City of Starkville Taxes
The City of Starkville levies a 2% food and beverage tax and 2% hotel/motel tax.
All retail, food service, general contractors, and general service businesses operating within the city limits must have a privilege license. Guidelines for a privilege license (PDF) . Privilege license may be obtained at the City Clerk’s office.