SEC action is back in Starkville this weekend! Your game weekend begins on Friday evening with one of our New South Weekends signature events — unWINE Downtown! The event will kick off another great weekend of fun in Mississippi’s College Town cheering the Bulldogs. There will be plenty of time for great shopping and dining, so read on to see what’s happening, along with lots of great information and helpful links for your best game weekend yet… HAIL STATE!
FRIDAY, SEPT 9
You’ll enjoy great wine tasting and after hours shopping with some of your favorite Main Street member shops during this favorite Downtown event! Our Fall 2016 edition features 22 shops!
Ticket holders will check-in at the Greater Starkville Development Partnership between 5:30 – 6:30 during the event to pick up a wine list of participating shops and a complimentary stemless wine glass. You’ll enjoy wine tasting and snack pairings along with 20% OFF EVERYTHING at participating shops. Tickets are still available for $20 each in advance at the link below or at the door during check-in!
Don’t miss a single shop! This year, we will be offering a convenient unWINE Shuttle to provide transportation for event-goers throughout the greater Downtown area. The shuttle will run a continuous loop throughout the evening from 5:30 to 9:30. Shoppers may ride at no charge to the various Downtown areas from the following shuttle stops:
- Reeds (existing SMART shelter)
- College Park
- Cotton Crossing
- City Bagel Cafe (existing SMART shelter)
SATURDAY – GAME DAY!
GAME WEEKEND SHOPPING
There’s plenty of time this weekend to visit your favorite Starkville shops & boutiques to find tailgating supplies and the latest styles for Saturday’s game! Thanks to Style Revel on Main Street and Thyme on Lampkin Street for showing us a peek t some of their white gameday and tailgating pieces!
Before Saturday’s contest with South Alabama, be sure to plan time to enjoy Starkville’s many local shops and restaurants! Our Starkville Main Street members always roll out the maroon carpet with sidewalk sales, dining and drink specials and more! This Google Map will serve as your walking tour guide!
View SHOP DOWNTOWN STARKVILLE in a larger map
Need some recommendations for where to eat? Be sure to check out our Savor Starkville page for more about the culinary scene in Starkville, or download one of our Culinary Maps!
TO & FROM THE GAME… LOGISTICS
Free parking in several lots as well as 2-hour curbside in Downtown Starkville for easy access to shopping, dining and transit to the game.
Starkville offers three options for public transit to and from Davis Wade Stadium on gameday. Check out your options below, and visit SMART TRANSIT for a full list of routes, schedules and arrival times.
BRUNCH IN STARKVILLE
Join us on Sunday for special shopping hours with some of your favorite Downtown retailers shown above as well as delicious brunch! Check out this list of Starkville restaurants and pick your table!
929 Coffee Bar
9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Savory house made quiche, breakfast casseroles, sweet breakfast options, coffee
Aramark – Fresh Food Company
10 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
All you care to eat buffet for $8 per person plus tax. Kids 12 and under eat for $5.50 plus tax, and children under 3 years old eat free.
Central Station Grill
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Daily chef specials, Bloody Mary bar, $2 Mimosas
City Bagel Cafe
6:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Cozy bagel shop with fresh made bagels, cream cheese, lox, bagel sandwiches, coffee and pastries
10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Local food favorites featuring chicken and waffles, eggs benedict, and blue plate menu
6 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Local diner serving traditional breakfast, pancakes, biscuits, and omelettes
10:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Traditional brunch plates with build-your-own omelets, beignets, and more
10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
House made quiche, waffles, omelets, blue plates, and even chicken and dumplins
CAMPUS WEEKEND TRANSPORTATION & ROAD CLOSURES
Thursday, Sept. 8
- Campus shuttles will reroute around President’s Circle Thursday and Friday. Shuttle routes that will be affected by this closure will be re-routed to the Montgomery Hall shuttle stop via President’s Circle and Bully Boulevard. This information will be posted on the Parking and Transit website and on the www.smart.msstate.eduwebsite.
- Large equipment may cause some traffic issues with tractors/trailers going to and from the SEC Nation set area and with staging for the show.
- Students should use caution changing classes in this area Thursday and Friday.
- The university is working to make sure no public tailgating areas are impacted by the additional space requirements for SEC Network guests.
Friday, Sept. 9
- Junction will still open at 4 p.m., but patrons will not have access to portions of Creelman Street for unloading tailgating equipment. Please be mindful of the influx on Stone Boulevard as traffic leaves campus as it closes and traffic arrives to drop off tailgating supplies.
- Friday any commuter decal can park in any commuter zone.
Saturday, Sept. 10
- B.S. Hood will close at 6 a.m. Saturday.
- Portions for Stone Boulevard will close at 2 p.m. in anticipation of the Fan Zone opening.
- Walker Road will be off limits to all non-credentialed patrons as normal. However, a loading/unloading zone will be set up on Saturday in front of the YMCA Building for fans. To assist with unloading supplies there will be a loading zone in front of YMCA, but access to it will close 8 a.m. Saturday to non-credentialed patrons.
- Stadium gates open at 3:45 p.m. Fans should arrive early.
- This is the first SEC game at home, so fines for improper use of cowbells will be strictly enforced. RING RESPONSIBLY.
- Dawg Walk at 4 p.m. WILL NOT change routes because of SEC Nation.
- Reserved RV/Wise Center, Research Park, Davis Wade Express, and Horsepark shuttle routes for Saturday will run three hours before kickoff (3 p.m.) and two hours after the end of the game.