It’s time to get your spook on Downtown again! Pumpkinpalooza, our annual harvest festival on Main Street, is back this Friday, October 28, as part of our New South Weekends series, and it’s the perfect way to kick off your MSU Homecoming weekend. The free event will be held on Main Street from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
The evening of family fun offers something for kids of all ages. Here’s our Top Ten list of things to do at Pumpkinpalooza..
1. Kick your Bulldog spirit in gear with our MSU Pep Rally featuring Bully and the MSU Spirit Squads. The Pep Rally begins at 6:00 p.m. with spirit cheers and routines, plus get your photos with Bully.
2. Visit the Pumpkin Patch with a variety of locally grown varieties from Lancaster Farms. Big, small, flat, skinny, you’re sure to find the Great Pumpkin here!
3. Take your small pumpkins to the Starkville Area Arts Council Pumpkin Painting Station and create your own masterpiece!
4. Wear your costumes and trick-or-treat with our Main Street merchants. Plus, many of our retailers will be open throughout the evening for great shopping!
5. Tour the S.M.A.R.T. Haunted Trolley for tons of scary fun! Screams optional.
6. Make faces at the live models from MSU Fashion Board as they spook up Downtown window displays. Can you make them blink?
7. Enjoy Face Painting with Holli’s Sweet Tooth! No tricks here!
8. Jive to “Thriller” and “Monster Mash” as Thurlow’s Party to Go provides the spooky playlist.
9. Get your bounce on with our kids’ inflatable jumpers!
10. Shop our last Starkville Community Market of the season, right on Main Street, featuring…
Homemade vegetable soup, baked goods, jams and jellies
Cinnamon Rolls and Pumpkin Rolls by the Pan and single serve Pumpkin Rolls and Bread Pudding
Deerbrook Beef Company
Ground beef and steaks
Dreamland Kettle Corn
Homemade kettle corn
Uncle B’s Honey
MS Blue Rice
Get your costumes and your candy buckets ready! Don’t miss the fun this Friday as we get the nest New South Weekend started with a spook!