Join us for plenty of heads & tails at the 2017 KING COTTON CRAWFISH BOIL! Held on Page Ave in the Cotton District, the King Cotton Crawfish Boil features delicious crawfish, corn and potatoes plus all the beer and drinks you want provided by Clark Beverage Company. This year also features the Best of Boil competition where local cooking teams showcase their best crawfish recipes for a panel of local celebrity judges.
KING COTTON CRAWFISH BOIL
6:30 – 8:30pm
Page Avenue in the Cotton District
6:00pm — Gates Open
6:30pm — Lighting of the Burners
7:30pm — Best of Boil Judging Begins
8:00pm — Awards Presentation
BUY TICKETS — TWO OPTIONS:
$20.00 CRAWFISH SINGLE: Includes ONE 5 lb bucket of crawfish, corn and potatoes and ONE unlimited beer/beverages ticket
$30.00 CRAWFISH PLUS: Includes ONE 5 lb bucket of crawfish, corn and potatoes and TWO unlimited beer/beverages tickets — perfect if your Boil buddy doesn’t really enjoy crawfish
THINK YOUR CRAWFISH IS KING?
This year’s Boil will once again feature the annual BEST OF BOIL Team Competition! This on-site culinary showdown will see local crawfish cooking teams present their best recipes for taste-testing as a panel of celebrity judges determines the best heads and tails for 2017. Businesses or individuals may register teams of 2 or more boil buddies to cook crawfish on-site during the King Cotton Crawfish Boil. If you think YOUR crawfish is KING, put your propane cooker where your mouth is! Here are the team details…
- Teams are required to prepare at least 5 pounds of crawfish on-site during the event.
- A team name should be selected, and signage for team name must be displayed throughout the entire event.
- Each registered team will receive two complimentary event tickets. Additional team members should purchase tickets.
- Crowd Favorite Award will be presented for the favorite recipe among event ticket holders. Although teams are only required to provide crawfish taste-tests to our judges panel, event ticket holders will each have a “favorite” ticket that teams may collect. Teams are encouraged to offer left-over crawfish and fixings to attendees in the family-style atmosphere.
- Best of Boil Award will be presented for best overall team concept. Teams are encouraged to decorate their event tents to create a themed atmosphere.
REGISTER YOUR TEAM
The deadline for registering for the Best of Boil Competition is TBD. Registration Form is available at the link below. Completed forms may be delivered to the Greater Starkville Development Partnership office at 200 East Main in Starkville. Contact 662.323.3322 for more information!
DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM