The mission of the Greater Starkville Development Partnership (GSDP or The Partnership) is to promote a healthy and sustainable Starkville and Oktibbeha County by enhancing the quality of life for all citizens through
- an aggressive and diversified approach for business growth and job creation
- enhanced tourism and retirement opportunities
- involvement in progressive educational and other community initiatives.
The Partnership is made up of four divisions:
- Starkville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Oktibbeha County Economic Development Authority
- Starkville Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Main Street Association
STARKVILLE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
The Chamber focuses community resources on fostering economic and community development and enhancing the quality of life by
- providing educational seminars and workshops to the business community
- sponsoring ribbon-cutting ceremonies for new members
- serving as a liaison for businesses and organizations in promoting community news and events
- sponsoring events and programs for the business community and for community development.
Oktibbeha County ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
The Oktibbeha County Economic Development Authority promotes the creation and retention of jobs in the county by
- ensuring that suitable property and facilities are available for new and expanding enterprises
- providing services to existing businesses and industries
- supporting efforts to recruit new businesses and industries.
STARKVILLE CONVENTION AND VISITORS BUREAU
The Starkville Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) is the official destination marketing organization for the City of Starkville. It focuses on promoting Starkville to potential leisure, convention, sports and group travelers. You can find tourism content under our Visit Starkville section of the website.
The CVB executes a comprehensive marketing campaign aimed at key feeder markets to help increase visitation to the City. In addition, the CVB manages a sponsorship grant program to fund tourism and community development projects that positively impact the City of Starkville and Oktibbeha County’s economy.
STARKVILLE MAIN STREET ASSOCIATION
The Starkville Main Street Association focuses its efforts on the economic vitality and vibrancy of the Starkville downtown district. The four major focus areas among the organization are the economic vitality, design, promotion, and organization of downtown Starkville.
Along with hosting many special events throughout the year, the Starkville Main Street Association oversees year-round beautification and improvement projects within the district with the assistance of sponsors and business partners, and the City of Starkville.