The Starkville Main Street Association focuses its efforts on the economic vitality and vibrancy of the Starkville downtown district.
The four major focus areas among the organization are the economic vitality, design, promotion, and organization of downtown Starkville.
Along with hosting many special events throughout the year, the Starkville Main Street Association oversees year-round beautification and improvement projects within the district with the assistance of sponsors, business partners, and the City of Starkville.
Starkville Main Street operates with the support of the Mississippi Main Street Association, a joint program of the Mississippi Development Authority and the National Trust for Historic Preservation. The state and national programs assist by providing training, information, and other services.
Areas Included in Starkville Main Street
The Main Street Association includes Main Street, University Drive, and the streets and areas listed on the map below.
Become a Member
The Starkville Main Street program provides the opportunity for businesses, industries, and individuals to cooperate in preserving the city’s historic downtown area, enhancing its vitality, and making it highly attractive to residents and visitors alike.
Members strive to ensure that existing downtown businesses remain successful and that new businesses are attracted to the area. They work together to enhance the appearance of the Main Street area, publicize the shopping and dining opportunities, and plan special events that will draw people to spend time in that part of the city
Join the Starkville Main Street Association today!
Many different events are hosted in the Main Street area each year. These annual events are crowd-pleasers, bringing many different people to shop, dine, and buy downtown from our Main Street Association members.
The Starkville Main Street Association hosts special events each month throughout the calendar year. Sponsorship dollars are appreciated and solicited for various events as they are planned each year. To learn more about sponsorships or to inquire about a specific event sponsorship that would benefit your business, email email@example.com or visit our event sponsorship form
Starkville Main Street Association Awards
- 2014: Mississippi Main Street Association (MMSA) Best New Signage – Starkville Wayfinding Signage
- 2014: MMSA Best New Development Project – Renasant Bank
- 2015: MMSA Best Image or Branding Promotion – New South Weekends
- 2016: MMSA Outstanding Economic Impact Project – The Mill in Starkville
- 2016: MMSA Outstanding Creative Fundraising – Farm to Fork
- 2016: MMSA Sam Kaye Excellence in Design – Briar Jones
- 2017: MMSA Outstanding Creative Event – Night Market
- 2017: MTA Small Event/Festival of the Year – Night Market
- 2018: MMSA Main Street Hero – Michelle Jones
- 2018: Outstanding Public Improvement – Russell Street Corridor
- 2018: MMSA Outstanding Rehabilitation Project – Starkville Police Department
- 2020: MMSA Outstanding Economic Impact Award – Dine Around Downtown
- 2020: MMSA Outstanding Entrepreneurial Endeavor – The IDEA Shop
- 2020: MTA Small Event Festival of the Year – Taco Hop
- 2021: MMSA Main Street Hero – Mayor Lynn Spruill
- 2021: MMSA Sam Kaye Excellence in Design Award – The Late Dan Camp
- 2022: MMSA Outstanding Creative Fundraiser – Cash Cal Promo
- 2022: Mississippi Tourism Association (MTA) Small Event/Festival of the Year – King Cotton Crawfish Boil
- 2022: Keep MS Beautiful Award
Each year the Starkville Main Street Association offers the newly named Dr. Michael W. Fazio Facade Improvement Grant to its members.
In 2021 and 2022, ten downtown businesses updated their facades and exteriors to enhance and beautify their storefronts.
In 2021, The Partnership celebrated the official grand opening of the Cadence Bank Pavilion at Fire Station Park, which is home to the Starkville Community Market.
Dr. Michael W. Fazio Façade Improvement Grant
The Starkville Main Street Association (SMSA) Façade Improvement Grant is designed to assist property owners and their tenants in enhancing and improving the physical appearance of their buildings to encourage further downtown revitalization.
The application deadline for Fiscal Year 2023 (October 1, 2022 – September 30, 2023) is THURSDAY, JANUARY 5, 2023 by 5:00 p.m. The project must be completed no later than Friday, September 30, 2023.
- Grant application (PDF)
- Color Placement Examples (PDF)
- Preliminary Color Studies (PDF)
Join the Starkville Main Street Association today! Members must be located within the Starkville Main Street District.