Welcome to the Partnership Legal Leaders Task Force page. This task force has the following objectives:
- To enhance attorney membership in the Partnership
- To enhance attorney visibility in the Community
- To provide enhanced continuing legal education for attorney members of the Partnership and the Oktibbeha County Bar
- To generate community leadership and commitment
Become a Member
To become a member of Legal Leaders, you have to be a member of the Partnership, a member of the Oktibbeha County Bar Assn. and commit to do one service project a year that is sponsored by Legal Leaders. See the links below for more information:
- To join the partnership, simply visit https://www.starkville.org/about/join/ to apply for membership and pay the appropriate fee.
- To join the Oktibbeha County Bar, simply send your annual dues (currently $100 per calendar year) to Julie Brown at her office at 124 East Main Street, Starkville, MS 39759 (662-320-9111).
- To join the Legal Leaders task force, simply send an email to Lydia Quarles (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following language: “I commit to doing one community service activity per year associated with Legal Leaders.”
And what do YOU get out of this? The Oktibbeha County Bar Association, acting in conjunction with the steering committee of the Legal Leaders Task Force, will provide a minimum of twelve (12) hours of CLE per year and members of the task force can attend for FREE. That, in itself, is worth the “price of admission.” Free CLE in your locale, no travel expenses or tuition! All you do is pay the $1.50 per hour to Tracy Graves to have your hours registered.
Are you interested? Seminar on Poll Watching Techniques
To show you we mean business, there is a seminar on Poll Watching techniques that has been approved for 3 hours of CLE on the afternoon of March 23, 2017 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the Circuit Courthouse. It is a relevant topic because of our upcoming municipal elections and it will be FREE to you if you become a member of the task force.
For additional information, you may contact Julie Brown, Lydia Quarles or Lynn Spruill.