NEWS on LIFE, WORK, & PLAY in Mississippi's College Town

Community News

Partnership Releases Tourism Sponsorship Grant Call for Applications

Each year, the Starkville Visitors and Convention Council (VCC), tourism arm of the Greater Starkville Development Partnership, provides thousands of dollars in grant money to facilitate local projects. The goal of the Starkville Visitors & Convention Council (VCC) Sponsorship Grant Program is to fund tourism and community development projects that positively impact the City of… More

Candidate Profiles: Mississippi House of Representatives Districts 38 and 43

House of Representatives, District 38 TYRONE ELLIS Q&A responses not submitted     House of Representatives, District 43 PAUL MILLSAPS What qualifications and experience do you feel you possess that will benefit the office you are seeking? My experience first as a business owner, and now as a lawyer, have given me the preparation needed… More

Candidate Profiles: Mississippi Senate District 15

GARY JACKSON What qualifications and experience do you feel you possess that will benefit the office you are seeking? While I treasure the 12 years of experience in the Senate, positions of leadership, service, and relationships I’ve made in Jackson, I believe the truly important relationships and experiences are the ones from here in my… More

Candidate Profiles: District Attorney

FORREST ALLGOOD How long have you lived in your district? All my life, with 7 years subtracted for the time I spent in college. What qualifications and experience do you feel you possess that would benefit the office you are seeking? I have been a prosecutor for my entire career starting as an ADA in… More

Starkville Brings in 19 “Bests” in the Mississippi Magazine’s 2015 Best of Mississippi

The July/August issue of Mississippi Magazine is always highly anticipated around the state because each year it showcased the publication’s annual reader-voted “Best of Mississippi” list featuring favorite restaurants, shops, attractions and more from across the state. We are very proud that Starkville is home to a whopping 72 mentions, including 19 “Best Of” designations… More