NEWS on LIFE, WORK, & PLAY in Mississippi's College Town

Archive For

Candidate Profiles: Mississippi Senate District 15

GARY JACKSON What qualifications and experience do you feel you possess that will benefit the office you are seeking? While I treasure the 12 years of experience in the Senate, positions of leadership, service, and relationships I’ve made in Jackson, I believe the truly important relationships and experiences are the ones from here in my… More

Candidate Profiles: District Attorney

FORREST ALLGOOD How long have you lived in your district? All my life, with 7 years subtracted for the time I spent in college. What qualifications and experience do you feel you possess that would benefit the office you are seeking? I have been a prosecutor for my entire career starting as an ADA in… More

Starkville Brings in 19 “Bests” in the Mississippi Magazine’s 2015 Best of Mississippi

The July/August issue of Mississippi Magazine is always highly anticipated around the state because each year it showcased the publication’s annual reader-voted “Best of Mississippi” list featuring favorite restaurants, shops, attractions and more from across the state. We are very proud that Starkville is home to a whopping 72 mentions, including 19 “Best Of” designations… More

Candidate Profiles: Justice Court Judge District 3

MARTY HAUG ** WILL ATTEND Meet & Greet on July 8 How long have you lived in Starkville/Oktibbeha County? I was born and raised in Starkville/Oktibbeha County.  I graduated from Starkville High School and Mississippi State.  I then moved to Florida for law school and after graduating from law school, practiced in Florida then returned… More

Candidate Profiles: Justice Court Judge District 2

LARNZY LEE CARPENTER, JR. Q&A responses not submitted     BERNARD CRUMP How long have you lived in Starkville? 41 years What qualifications and experience do you feel you possess that would benefit the office you are seeking? I have served for as Justice Court Judge for 31 years and received more than 700 hours… More