NEWS on LIFE, WORK, & PLAY in Mississippi's College Town

Archive For

Candidate Profiles: Oktibbeha County Circuit and Chancery Clerks

CHANCERY CLERK CANDIDATES: MONICA BANKS Q&A responses not submitted       CIRCUIT CLERK CANDIDATES: MICHAEL JASON CAMPBELL ** WILL ATTEND Meet & Greet on July 8 How long have you lived in Starkville/Oktibbeha County? My wife, Ryann and I moved to Starkville May 2007 to attend MSU. Ryann had received a healthy scholarship and I… More

Candidate Profiles: County Tax Assessor / Collector

JOHN BROWN How long have you lived in Starkville/Oktibbeha County? 1975-1979 1980-1990 2012- current Total of 17 years What qualifications and experience do you feel you possess that would benefit the office you are seeking? Common sense, B.S. degree from MSU, M.A. degree from the W, over 20 years of Management experience and public servant… More

Viewpoints: Brother Rogers on Why Local Elections Are Important

A few months ago, we began a new series on the Starkville Insider… Viewpoints, an opportunity for us to share the unique perspectives of people who are impacting Starkville and Oktibbeha County in positive ways. We’ve been seeking out residents, business folks, leaders and other influencers to find out their views of the Starkville community — in their own words!… More

Partnership Announces Next Chamber Discoveries Travel Destination: Spain’s Costa del Sol

The Greater Starkville Development Partnership has announced today that it will be visiting Spain’s stunning Costa del Sol, and is inviting chamber members, family and friends of chamber members to join them on this once in a lifetime experience! The Costa del Sol stretches along just over 90 miles of the Malaga province and is… More

Sudduth Elementary Celebrates Japanese Culture with Puppet Arts Production of “Momotaro”

One of the hallmarks of Starkville as Mississippi’s College Town is the diversity created in our community through international business partners, and the multi-cultural students and faculty members brought to our area by Mississippi State University. Over the last few years, the Greater Starkville Development Partnership has enjoyed welcoming Japanese-based companies like Yokohama and their executive teams into the… More