Starkville and Oktibbeha County are excellent places for your business to locate or expand.
Top 10 advantages:
- Starkville is home to Missisippi State University, widely respected for its expertise and research in areas relevant to business and industry.
- The local business climate is vigorous and diverse, with a highly educated labor force and an unemployment rate half of the U.S. average.
- Community and local governments are supportive of new or expanding businesses and industries.
- Sites and buildings are available in two industrial parks and other areas of the community.
- Convenient, efficient transportation routes provide ready access to major markets in the U.S. and around the world.
- Valuable incentives, including loans, grants, and tax abatements, are available at state and local levels.
- The area’s work force is adaptable, productive, and well trained.
- Specialized work force training is available from the community college system and high school vocational centers.
- The community offers affordable living and access to shopping, dining, sports, and cultural events typical of much larger communities.
- The Greater Starkville Development Partnership provides a wide variety of services to assist new and expanding businesses.
- Ranked 3rd as a “University Town that Has Its Act Together” in the 17-state southern U.S. region
- Ranked as a Top 10 location in the South for emerging growth companies
- Cited by the USEPA as one of the top 40 cities to be recognized as a “Smart Growth” city
- Voted a Top 100 small community in terms of new businesses and expansion of existing businesses
- Recognized as one of the most affordable and best value college towns in the nation in 2006