Access to the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway is 25 miles from Starkville at the Lowndes County Port. The port offers rail, truck, and barge access with rail service provided by Kansas City Southern Railroad.
The Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway provides lower cost transportation for raw materials, finished products, and bulk goods on the 234-mile long waterway. Designated a national marine highway, the Tenn-Tom Waterway connects to 4,500 miles of waterways in 23 states in middle America.
Lowndes County Port
- in Columbus, MS
- 25 miles east of Starkville
- accessible via US 82
- has barge-truck-rail transfer capabilities
- served by Kansas City Southern Railway
- warehouse and outdoor storage available
- fork lift trucks available
- conveyorized bed hoppers
- additional scales
The Port of Gulfport (Gulfport, MS) and the Port of Mobile (Mobile, AL) are both within a 5-hour drive of Starkville.