The Starkville Main Street Association is hosting the 2021 King Cotton Crawfish Boil on Friday, April 23.
The much-loved crawfish cook off competition is the organization’s largest fundraiser, and COVID-19 safety precautions will be added to ensure a safe, socially distanced event.
Held at Fire Station Park, bragging rights are on the line as local cooking teams showcase their best crawfish recipes along with add-ins and fixins, plus beverages provided by Clark Beverage Company. This year’s event features a to-go option, and only 50% of the park’s capacity of tickets will be sold.
KING COTTON CRAWFISH BOIL
April 23, 2021
6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Fire Station Park, Russell Street/University Drive
8:45 p.m. — Awards Presentation
TICKETS: $25.00; $30.00 DAY OF
Includes ONE 5 lb bucket of crawfish, team-cooked fixins, and ONE unlimited beer/beverages wristband.
THINK YOUR CRAWFISH IS KING?
This year’s Boil will once again feature the annual BEST OF BOIL Team Competition! This on-site culinary showdown will see local crawfish cooking teams present their best recipes for taste-testing as ticket-holders determine winners for the best heads and tails for 2021. Businesses or individuals may register teams of 2 or more boil buddies to cook crawfish on-site during the King Cotton Crawfish Boil. Team details are listed below…
- Teams are required to be able to prepare at least 150 pounds of crawfish on-site during the event. SMSA provides the crawfish, while teams provide any add-ins and additional fixins’ to wow the crowd and the judges.
- A team name should be selected, and signage for team name must be displayed throughout the entire event.
- Each registered team will receive two complimentary event tickets. Additional team members should purchase tickets.
- The Best of Boil Award will be given for the favorite recipe selected by event ticket holders. Ticket holders will be allowed to choose ONE bag from the team of their choice. However, teams are encouraged to offer additional crawfish tastings and fixings to attendees in the family-style atmosphere to allow ticket-holders to sample all teams in a safe way for voting.
- Teams are encouraged to decorate their event tents to create a themed atmosphere.
REGISTER YOUR TEAM
The deadline for registering for the Best of Boil Competition is Friday, April 9. Registration forms can be found by clicking here. Completed forms may be delivered to the Greater Starkville Development Partnership office at 200 East Main in Starkville. Contact Paige Watson at 662.323.3322 for more information!