Join us for plenty of heads & tails at the 2020 KING COTTON CRAWFISH BOIL! Held formerly in the Cotton District and now at Fire Station Park, bragging rights are on the line as local cooking teams shows their best crawfish recipes along with add-ins and fixins, plus all the beer and drinks you want provided by Clark Beverage Company. Ticket holders will determine team winners in the Best of Boil competition. With your $25 ticket, you’ll enjoy crawfish from one of our competing teams, plus samples to taste-test from any team!
KING COTTON CRAWFISH BOIL
April 17, 2020
5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Fire Station Park, Russell Street/University Drive
8:00 p.m. — Awards Presentation
TICKETS: $25.00; $30.00 DAY OF
Includes ONE 5 lb bucket of crawfish, team-cooked fixins, and ONE unlimited beer/beverages ticket
Purchase your tickets here!
THINK YOUR CRAWFISH IS KING?
This year’s Boil will once again feature the annual BEST OF BOIL Team Competition! This on-site culinary showdown will see local crawfish cooking teams present their best recipes for taste-testing as ticket-holders determine winners for the best heads and tails for 2020. Businesses or individuals may register teams of 2 or more boil buddies to cook crawfish on-site during the King Cotton Crawfish Boil. If you think YOUR crawfish is KING, put your propane cooker where your mouth is! Here are the team details…
- Teams are required to be able to prepare at least 150 pounds of crawfish on-site during the event. We will provide the crawfish, and you supply any add-ins and additional fixins to wow the crowd and the judges.
- A team name should be selected, and signage for team name must be displayed throughout the entire event.
- Each registered team will receive two complimentary event tickets. Additional team members should purchase tickets.
- The Best of Boil Award will be given for the favorite recipe selected by event ticket holders. Ticket holders will be allowed to choose ONE bucket from the team of their choice. However, teams are encouraged to offer additional crawfish tastings and fixings to attendees in the family-style atmosphere to allow ticket-holders to sample all teams for voting.
- Teams are encouraged to decorate their event tents to create a themed atmosphere.
REGISTER YOUR TEAM
The deadline for registering for the Best of Boil Competition is Friday, March 27. Registration forms can be found by clicking here. Completed forms may be delivered to the Greater Starkville Development Partnership office at 200 East Main in Starkville. Contact Paige Watson at 662.323.3322 for more information!