This year’s King Cotton Crawfish Boil will once again feature the annual BEST OF BOIL Team Competition! This on-site culinary showdown will see local crawfish cooking teams present their best recipes for taste-testing as a panel of celebrity judges determines the best heads and tails for 2016. Businesses or individuals may register teams of 2 or more boil buddies to cook crawfish on-site during the King Cotton Crawfish Boil on Friday, May 13. If you think YOUR crawfish is KING, put your propane cooker where your mouth is! Here are the team details…
- Teams are required to prepare at least 5 pounds of crawfish on-site during the event.
- A team name should be selected, and signage for team name must be displayed throughout the entire event.
- Each registered team will receive two complimentary event tickets. Additional team members should purchase tickets.
- Crowd Favorite Award will be presented for the favorite recipe among event ticket holders. Although teams are only required to provide crawfish taste-tests to our judges panel, event ticket holders will each have a “favorite” ticket that teams may collect. Teams are encouraged to offer left-over crawfish and fixings to attendees in the family-style atmosphere.
- Best of Boil Award will be presented for best overall team concept. Teams are encouraged to decorate their event tents to create a themed atmosphere.
REGISTER YOUR TEAM
Contact the Greater Starkville Development Partnership at 662.323.3322 to register your team!