Starkville Main Street is very excited to include the Starkville Community Market in its program of work! We’re excited to announce our new Fall opening date with Social Distancing modifications for Saturday, September 12, at 8:00 a.m. at Fire Station Park. In following recommendations of the Center for Disease Control, State of Mississippi, and City of Starkville, the following social distancing modifications will be strictly enforced to allow the community to shop local produce and cottage food vendors at this time.
- Wear a mask. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided.
- There shall be no touching of any produce or food products for sale. Vendors will be limiting contact with customers by pre-bagging produce and other goods. No customer is allowed to touch produce and place it back on a vendor’s table for any reason.
- Vendors who allow pre-sales or ordering through online methods available on the Starkville Community Market website are strongly encouraged. In other cases, small bills, exact change, and credit cards are encouraged and preferred.
- The market will only allow twenty customers in at any given time, and lines will be socially distanced at acceptable lengths throughout the surrounding sidewalks of Russell Street.
- Absolutely no socializing or loitering is allowed as our market is aimed to be as safe and efficient as possible for all community members. All customers within the market will need to be within proper social distancing guidelines of six feet between one another.
- Preorders will be available through select vendors listed below on our website.
Thank you to our Market sponsors
For more information about the Starkville Community Market, please contact:
Paige Watson, Market Manager