Each week we are hosting health and fitness programs and classes on our Facebook page. Tune in live or find the links to previously recorded programs listed on this page. We hope to see you there! We are adding new programs regularly, so check back for updated information.
MARCH 1 – 5
MARCH 3 @ 12 PM
Stretching with Hilary Rendon of Starkville Physical Therapy
MARCH 4 @ 12 PM
What OCH Wellness Connection has to offer with Elaine Schimpf
MARCH 5 @ 12 PM
Power Workout with Elaine Schimpf of OCH Wellness Connection
MARCH 8 – 12
MARCH 10 @ 12 PM
Nutrition with Taylor VanDyk
MARCH 15 – 19
MARCH 15 @ 12 PM
How to line dance at home to help get your steps! | Starkville Parks and Rec
We will post each week’s winners here – check back soon!
We will begin listing the door prizes here.
How it Works
Walk as much as you can between March 1 and April 26th to compete for individual prizes as well as prizes for the team who averages the most steps.
The team with the highest number of steps in each team category (small or big) will be awarded a trophy.
End of Challenge Prizes
At the end of the challenge, 3 winners will be randomly drawn from those walkers with 650K total steps or more to win $300 each.
At the end of the challenge, 3 winners will be randomly drawn from those walkers with 500K to 649,999 total steps to win $200 each.
At the end of the challenge, 3 winners will be randomly drawn from those walkers with 250K to 499,999 total steps to win $100 each.
Weekly Door Prizes
Each week, winners will be drawn randomly from the following weekly step totals for door prizes donated by local Starkville businesses.
25,000 to 49,999 weekly steps
50,000 to 74,999 weekly steps
75,000 or more weekly steps
The Starkville Stride Challenge is brought to you by:
Walker Tracker FAQs
Can I do another type of exercise instead of or in addition to walking?
Yes, the Walker Tracker App will convert all forms of exercise into steps for the competition – from yoga to biking or swimming.
What is the URL for the Challenge?
How Syncing Works With Walker Tracker
If it seems like your wireless device has not brought in steps to your Walker Tracker account for a while keep some things in mind:
- We do not sync directly from your device. Rather, we pull in steps from your device’s account.
- Because we pull steps in from your device’s account that means that you need to sync regularly with your device’s app or USB dongle and those steps must be showing on your device’s account website (e.g. www.fitbit.com, www.garminconnect.com, etc.) before they are sent to Walker Tracker.
There is a chain that your steps go through to get into your Walker Tracker account. It goes something like this:
- We do not bring in data prior to the day that you register for an account with Walker Tracker or prior to your program’s start date.
- It is best to make sure that you sync regularly throughout the day. This way your Walker Tracker account can stay current with your steps. If you wait to sync for several days it can take longer than usual for steps to come into your Walker Tracker account. Essentially, you’ll have more data to come over which can take more time.
Sometimes there can be delays if one of these parts encounters an issue in relaying your step information to another. It takes about 20 minutes for data to update to Walker Tracker from your wireless pedometer’s account normally.
NOTE: Not all devices share their data as frequently as others with our API provider. This means that it can take up to 24 hours for your steps to come over from your device’s account to your Walker Tracker account.
Make a Manual Step Entry and Edit Step Entries
Manual step entry is available if your program coordinator allows manual entry and you don’t have a device or application paired with your account.
To start, navigate to your landing page.
- Click Add an Entry
- Click on the calendar icon to make sure you are entering your steps for the correct date.
- Enter in the amount of steps you accumulated for that day.
- Click Update Entry to finish and save the amount of steps you’ve taken. You can continue to fill out more information to your daily activities.
If you or a user is experiencing a lack of syncing from a wireless device check the following:
- The device is charged
- The device has been synced to its providers website or app. EX: you can see the steps in the Fitbit app or a Fitbit.com
- Log in online to Walker Tracker (not through the app) and click on the re-sync button that shows below the picture of the device on the main “Your Stats” page.
If after checking those avenues and steps do not arrive in the account after 15 minutes, email support directly at [email protected]
Adding Steps with a Device Connected
If users have an activity tracker linked to Walker Tracker and either forgot to wear it or it had a dead battery, or for any other reason it was unable to record steps they have three options to enter in steps for that day.
1. They can use the activity converter to add steps (so long as that is turned on in your program). If walking is not an option, they can select any available activity and cater the amount of time it was performed to get a rough estimate of their steps.
2. They can remove their device connection, input steps manually (if you have manual entry turned on in your program), and reconnect the device the next day.
3. You as an admin can enter steps for them. You can do this via the “Administer Users” section. Search for the user and then click to “Add Steps”.
One device can be linked to a Walker Tracker account at a time. Members can switch devices during the program. They will have to disconnect their former device from Walker Tracker and link their current device. The steps will remain from the former device and steps will start coming in from the new device starting the day that it is linked to their Walker Tracker account.